Undergraduate professional study in Information Technologies
Degree obtained: Bachelor (baccalaureus/baccalaurea) of Engineering in IT Technologies
Duration: three (III) academic years – six (VI) semesters
ECTS credits: 180
Teaching programme for Undergraduate professional study in Information Technology: inf1213eng_npp (2788)
Professional study programme in IT Technologies trains students to perform individually the activities related to the organization, implementation and design of advanced IT technologies, and the realization of the design and multimedia projects. Due to the growing interest for this area of expertise, the number of students applying for enrollment for the enrollment procedure outlarges the number of available places every year. The high quality of the study programme has been recognized by the economic entities who welcome our engineers in their companies.
A number of our finished engineers have decided to pursue their education by enrolling into our Specialist graduate professional study programme in IT. Once they have gained a specifi ed number of ECTS credits qualifying them to enroll into next semester, our students may take part in the student mobility programme, in Croatia and abroad.
Being considered as highly propulsive sort of experts, IT engineers are easily employed in a variety of public institutions and private enterprises, in industry, design studios, laboratories and state institutions. The study programme is carried out by means of highly sophisticated equipment: modern computing and audio-video devices, cameras and specialized IT equipment used in IT graphics design. Practical training is carried out in very well equipped labs and classrooms,
which ensures high standards of this professional study programme. The teaching staff includes both the permanently employed teachers, and the prominent experts from other faculties or from industry. The IT department of the Zagreb University of Applied Sciences has seen 891 engineers graduate so far.
In the first year of study the programme offers the common courses for all students and the three areas of specializations:
Office IT support is the specialization which trains students to organize and maintain a computerized office:
- a computer network engineer designs, implements and maintains LANs and WANs in administrative IT systems based on UNIX, LINUX, Windows NT and NetWare platforms
- a database administrator or an IT system administrator – supervises the resources and their functions and suggests modifications
- a help-desk leader
- a security adviser for IT systems
- an application development engineer (also: adjusting, testing and introducing ready applications by using modern tools)
- a computer sale manager.
e-Business is the specialization which trains students to develop and maintain business via the Internet:
- to manage a company presentation on the Internet
- to set up virtual teams via the Internet
- to check up IT systems security
- to organize and manage business via e-mail
- to supervise and measure the quality of e-Business services
- to mediate between the parties in a contract (order-delivery),
- to provide information on potential customers or suppliers
- to organize documentation into a single knowledge database
IT- design is the specialization which trains students to deal with technological procedures in preparation and production of graphic items and multimedia contents. A detailed approach to graphics design and to both the conception and realization of multimedia products enables our engineers:
- to manage, maintain and organize DTP
- to design and control the functions of modern IT systems integrating language, image and sound
- to design and control functions of modern IT systems in multimedia
- to develop graphics design items, depending on technological procedures
- to design graphics and multimedia products