Program rada kandidata za dekana Tehničkog veleučilišta u Zagrebu
We are less than a week away! The online lecture Analysis Challenges in the Digital Age on 8 and 9 March 2021 at 17:00 (5 pm) will be held by Mrs. Rūta Jašinskienė ), an intelligence analysis expert and trainer with an extensive background in international police cooperation and investigations, intelligence monitoring, tactical and strategic analysis. This lecture was enabled for our students by the company INSIG2 as part of the internationalization project.
The agenda of the lecture is as follows below.
1ST DAY: Monday, 8 March 2021
• Analyst role within the organization, most demanded skills and competences in the digital era.
• Intelligence cycle. Main phases and interdependence. Intelligence vs business intelligence. Key elements for effective analysis performance.
• Bias main obstacle for objective decision. How does it work?
• Problem identification, direction and tasking of intelligence activities.
• Data collection. Data sources, availability, accuracy, and relevance. Where, how and what we need to collect. Issues with unstructured data.
• Data evaluation and collation.
2ND DAY: Tuesday, 9 March 2021
• Purpose of the analysis and analysis process
• Critical and creative thinking
• Overview of structured analytic techniques: Idea generation techniques, Diagnostic techniques, and Contrarian Techniques.
• Visualization: visual analysis and data visualization.
• Publication et dissemination
All TVZ students are welcome to attend! The online lecture will be held in English language.
ABOUT THE LECTURER
Mrs. Rūta Jašinskienė is an intelligence analysis expert and trainer with an extensive background in international police cooperation and investigations, intelligence monitoring, tactical and strategic analysis. She is member of IALEIA (International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts) and ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners).
Prior to joining NRD Cyber Security team, Mrs. Rūta Jašinskienė had been working 20 years at the police units responsible for drug control and organized crime investigations. Last ten years working there she led a national unit in charge of international investigation, coordination police units as well as law enforcement agencies in drug control area. Mrs. Jašinskienė was a member of various international initiatives including the Horizontal Working Party on Drugs of EU Council and EMPACT group on Synthetic Drugs and New Psychoactive Substances.
For the past 4 years, Mrs. Jašinskienė has been consulting customers from public and private sectors on the analysis process and the best tools to use for it. She has been providing training courses on intelligence, analysis, IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook and hosting other courses provided by NRD Cyber Security.